Nowadays you cannot imagine the world without any information networks. More and more criminals search for ways of hacking into these systems. They disturb system processes, search for information or commit crimes like fraud. In order to investigate cases like this you are required to lay criminal charges. You can do that online or at any police station.
What you should think of...
In order to investigate the crime you are supposed to keep the following in mind. Back up all your e-mails including the header that you can find in MS outlook "View/ Options" menu. If possible make screenshots of the internet sites that displayed your products and articles. By pressing "Print" the screenshot is copied onto the clipboard. Then change into another program (e.g. Word, Paint etc) and by pressing "Str+ v" paste and safe it.
- Report it to the police.
- Have the real and user`s name, the auction partner`s e-mail address and article number ready, please.
- Report the incident to the relevant auctioneers in the case of suspected fraud.
- If you have already transferred the money, keep the bank statement.
- Transactions you have made yourself are usually not reversed.
- In case of a direct debit authority you may be reversed the amount of money for a fee within a certain period of time.
- Contact the bank in charge of your account as soon as possible.
- If a PC dialer program connected with the internet against your will, keep the telephone bill.
- Get in contact with your telephone provider and reject the outstanding invoice of the third-party service provider.
What follows ...
- The officer in charge of that case will investigate until it will be handed over to the public prosecutor`s office.
- In case of any further question you may be informed and summoned again.
- Yo will be reimbursed your expenses.
- Your PC as well as the hard drives and data storage devices could be secured for evidence which you would be given back after analysing the data content.