What to do if you want to report a person missing?
- Immediately inform the police dialling 110.
- Make sure if the the missing person may stay with relatives or friends.
- File a report at the local police station.
What the police need to know...
- physical description of the missing person including distinguishable features and clothes he/ she was wearing
- a recent photograph of the missing person
- where and when the person was last seen or heard from
- places the missing person may visit
- list of any medical problems or medications the person may need
- names and contacts of friends or people associated with the person
- if the person has ever been missed before even not reported missing
How does it go on?
- The police deal with your missing persons report at the police station.
- Then surrounding hospitals and police stations check if the missing person has been involved in any accident.
- If deemed appropriate, the police will issue an alert nationwide or it may be lodged with Interpol to faciliate international cooperation.
- Public and social media publications require your agreement.
- Inform the police immediately if the missing person returns independently. Tell us the exact whereabouts of the missing person.