Damage in a car park
Your car or your motorbike/ moped/ scooter has been hit and damaged? If someone damaged a parking car the question of fault and whom to blame is simple and plain. The person who caused the damage and failed to stop is guilty of a hit and run offence. Therefore you have to wait. If the registered owner of the car does not appear on the spot- for minor damages within half an hour- you can page his/ her registration number in a shopping mall.
What you should do ...
- Report the damage- even if it is a minor one- to the police.
- Tell the police the registration number, the make and the model.
Did you know that...?
- If the wind makes an abandoned trolley hit another car, the owner of the car park is liable to any damgage as he/ she is in charge of the safety.
- Even if leaving the car park a crash may happen. Therefore pay always attention and show courtesy on the road.
- The best bet is to take a photo of the damage and to exchange particulars and insurance details. Please inform your own as well as the other party`s insurance company about the crash.