Theft of motor vehicles
Preventive behaviour and professional use of security systems can prevent thefts and may make recovering stolen cars easier.
Protect your car in this way...
- Always remove your ignition car- even for a short moment of being absent.
- Always keep your steering wheel in a locked position.
- Always lock the windows, the doors, the boot, the sliding roof and the tank cap carefully when you leave your car.
- Do not leave any valuables (documents, papers, cash, cheque cards etc.) inside your car or the roof box.
- Take the mobile navigation system with you when you leave the car. Remove the mountings.
- Open the empty glove compartment being absent from the car.
- Choose busy and well illuminated car parks.
- If your car is equipped with an anti-theft alarm system, switch it on even for a short moment of being absent.
- Use all the vehicle security devices that can prevent or complicate the theft (immobilizer, wheel clamps etc.).
- If you use roof racks, fix them properly and use a suitable anti theft device that is locked professionally.